Cooking Time: Approx. 5 minutes
1kg mussels, washed and clean and closed
200ml apple cider
1 small onion finely chopped
1 segment of garlic, minced
1 red chilli,sliced
1 bunch of coriander, washed and chopped
1. Set up the grill with the optional trivet accessory
2. Turn on the burner directly under the trivet, add a little oil to a wok and heat until just smoking. Fry off the onion, garlic and chili.
3.Once the onion has softened, add the butter until just melted and take off the heat. Store in a container and set aside.
4. Clean the wok by wiping it clean, place back on the heat and wait until it gets very very hot.
5. Tip the mussels into the wok and add the cider and quickly cover the wok with a large pot lid so as to trap the steam made by the cider boiling.
6. Shake the wok around to rotate the mussels inside, the steam is what’s cooking the mussels.
7. The mussels are cooked once they are open (approx. 5 minutes).
8. Remove the pot lid. Once all mussels are open add the cream and the butter mix.
9. Toss together with the coriander and season, serve hot.