Cooking Time: 8 - 10 minutes
2 x whole baby snapper, gutted and scaled
1 bunch of thyme
200g softened butter
Tips:This recipe is also delicious with fish fillets. You can swap out the thyme with another herb e.g. mint, parsley or coriander.
1. Zest the lemon and add to the butter.
2. Pull the leaves off half of the thyme and add to the butter.
3. Mix the butter up and place on some cling wrap in a log shape. Cover the log with the wrap and roll out holding the wrap at both ends of the log until it forms a nice round shape, place in the fridge to set firm.
4. Pre-heat the BBQ to 200 degrees.
5. Once the temperature reaches 200, turn off the burner on the side not in use.
6. Slice the lemon and stuff fish with the rest of the thyme.
7. Season and oil the fish and place on the grill. Turn it after you see colour on the cooking side, 4 – 5 minutes.
8. Close the hood and cook the whole way through for another couple of minutes.
9. Cooking times vary depending on the size of the fish and the heat of the BBQ. Rather than timing the cook, test the flesh by using a fork. If the fish flakes away, it’s ready.
10. While the fish is finishing off, take the butter log out of the fridge and cut 4 disks.
11. Take fish off the BBQ and place on a plate. While it’s still hot place the butter disk on the fish to melt.