Cooking Time: 25 - 30 minutes
6 chicken drum sticks, skin on
1/2 red onion, chopped up
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 small chili, deseeded
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoons honey
200g rocket leaf, washed
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Preheat the bbq to 200 degrees.
2. Put the chicken in a bowl, oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the onion, garlic, chili, spices, lemon, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and honey into a blender. Season well with salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
4. Turn the burners down to low and lay the legs directly onto the hot grill.
5. Cook with the hood down for 20-25 mins. Baste the chicken every so often with the piri piri sauce as you turn them over so they don't burn.
6. In a bowl mix the rocket with the cherry tomatoes, toss with the cooked chicken, serve.